Friday, October 1, 2010

Halloween Subway Art

This is totally not my idea, but a copycat of Jen's Spooky Subway Art from Tatertots and Jello. I loved hers & thought this would be a very easy first project for my Cricut. Since I live in Germany, I usually have to buy most of my supplies on the economy (German stores) in euros.  My German is very minimal, so it's often challenging trying to find what I need in German or finding someone who knows what I'm talking about. I wanted to get this done quickly & not have to order anything online & wait for shipping.

Supplies & cost:

canvas- 3.95 euros (about $4.50 at the time)

DecoArt black acrylic paint- already had

Americana jack-o'-lantern orange- already had

white contact paper $2.95

orange sheer ribbon 2.95 euros (about $3.50)

I pretty much followed what Jen did & copied her words & placement since this was my first time doing anything like this & I wanted it to be super easy. I had fun trying out my cricut & definitely learned some things about it. I used contact paper because it was cheap & what I could get my hands on fastest. Well here it is sitting in my bathroom window before I placed it in the stairwell outside my front door.  Don't hate on my military tile & privacy window glass. :0)

IMG_8872-1

3 comments:

Dwellings by DeVore said...

Very cute! Great idea!

Holly Lefevre said...

I have seen Jen's, but I think you did a great job! What a fun decoration.
Holly

FrouFrouBritches said...

You're back! YEA! I loooove it and I'm totally jealous that you have a Cricut and I don't! It looks GREAT! I didn't even know you could buy orange contact paper. Love it!